360Leaders has exclusively been retained to appoint a VP International Marketing for IDECSI; to own and build out their marketing function and develop and execute their international expansion plans. This role will be based at the headquarters in Paris, with travel to the UK and US when required.
IDECSI is a high growth, VC backed Software Company specialising in email security for C-suites leaders across Mid-tier and Enterprise companies in all industries. Founded in 2012, the IDECSI solution helps ensure that no one, including internal IT teams may improperly read or forward email exchanges. The solution is available both On Premise and in the Cloud, and utilizes Machine Learning for personalised protection across multiple devices.
The business was launched commercially in 2014 and in that time has achieved exponential success, growing revenues, winning reference clients in the CAC40 and collecting awards like the Innovation Prize of Audience Security.
Co-founded by the former CIO and CSO of Vente-Privee.com (a business they scaled from €5m to €1.2bn turnover) IDECSI have built an impressive Board including:
- Stanislas de Bentzmann: Co-Founder & CEO of Devoteam; 500 M€ revenue
- Keith Wallington: ex-COO MIMECAST, $ 1.3 Billion valuation on NASDAQ
- Michael Benabou: The Co-Founder and Partner of Vente-privee.com
This year, the team recently completed a Series-A funding round with a tier 1 European Venture Capitalist who specialise in B2B SaaS. With the funding and strategy for 2017 in place, the business will launch their business internationally and now seeks a VP Marketing to help them achieve this.
Reporting into the CEO, this is a rare opportunity for a senior Marketing leader to join a fast growing, B2B, SaaS security business with a strong Founding team. The role itself will require significant time in Paris and in the key expansion geographies, such as the UK and US.
Principle Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
The main tasks and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Own all aspects of the marketing strategy including brand and communications on the one hand and pipeline driving “commercial” marketing on the other.
- Position the IDECSI brand as an international leader in the online security space and particularly as the emerging leader in real time threat protection and associated services.
- Develop a complete product positioning and messaging framework for the current and expanding product suite.
- Work in close partnership with Sales to develop and execute new business and expansion strategies to meet revenue growth targets.
- Ownership of the marketing aspects of the entire customer lifecycle from “first touch” to ongoing success, in close partnership with your peers in the “Customer Lifecycle team”.
- Work closely with Product and Customer Support to maintain high customer retention levels.
- Develop and manage an Analyst Relations strategy.
Experience and orientation
The role requires the following skills, experience and orientation:
- VP Marketing or CMO level experience in a highly regarded enterprise B2B SaaS business (Preferably a security vendor) with a global customer base including Europe and the US.
- At least 3 years of Product Marketing or product marketing leadership experience in a B2B business
- Experience of practicing and leading global and field marketing teams in the UK and US.
- Brand strategy development and execution across all appropriate platforms on and offline.
- A strong grasp of SaaS metrics and their value in marketing and to the business at large.
- Highly competent and experienced in all appropriate lead generation and nurturing channels both on and offline including offline channels such as trade events.
- Familiar with Customer Discovery and Customer Development methodologies and an orientation toward iterating marketing activities through an “MVP” approach.
- A “Customer Experience” orientation to marketing throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Advanced abilities in the use of marketing, sales and user behavior analytics and automation technologies.
- Built and managed a “Marketing operations” function.
- An evidence based approach.
- The ability to both delegate and “do” regardless of title.
- A natural networker with a large and strong network in the B2B SaaS community particularly in Western Europe and the US including the leading analysts.
- Experienced in developing an operating model that involves both internal and external skills (agencies and contractors) that deliver as a well aligned team.
For further information: email@example.com or +44 7771 857452